Saturday 11 February 2012

Day 3 of Berlinale - Young Adults & Romy Schneider


Hello - welcome again to a little post about Berlinale..


~ Berlinale 2012 ~


There are always films that interest me – but not enough to actually watch them in cinema – but maybe one late night when I am not able to sleep and some minor TV broadcast is showing them.. One of those films might be

JOVEN & ALOCADA 

(=  YOUNG & WILD)



It’s a film made in Chile and the story seems to be quite simple: It’s about a girl – secretly a blogger.. – who is expulsed from school because she had intercourse with a boy. She is from a posh family - and her mother tries to save her soul via religion - and then the girl starts an affair with her best (girl-) friend..

The most interesting part for me is that this film is reportedly kept a lot like a blog - and I'd like to learn how that might look..



It’s one of the films which is classified as a Young Adults’ film. At the Berlinale are also several films for younger persons and children featured. This series of films is called “Generation” and for the young adults it is also called “14+”.


 Now to the bygone days of Berlinale:

Here we have the very young Romy Schneider and Horst Buchholz..



Romy was very often guest at the Berlinale:

Here 1968 with her then husband Harry Meyen:

~ don't you just adore her laughter? ~


And in 1980  with Harvey Keitel:

– this is about two years before her death –

and quite quick - a picture of Romy Schneider matching my Mirror, Mirror series..




Thank you very much for listening!

Yours

Irene

2 comments:

  1. Another interesting film Irene! And of course I love what you wrote about Romy! Great pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Monty. Glad you like it..

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - I'll read them all and if I can think of an answer I'll post it. :")