Saturday 18 February 2012

Day 10 of Berlinale - The Red Dream Factory

Welcome to the almost last post of my Berlinale Mini-Series!

~ Berlinale 2012 ~


One of my favourite parts of Berlinale won't be a surprise for you: The Retrospective programme! It's part of the festival since 1977. "The Retropesctive is always dedicated to an important director or a film history theme"

This year it's called The Red Dream Factory - and it deals with films from a Russian-German film studio: Mezhrabpom Film - and its German branch Prometheus. Especially with it's films from 1922-1936. (well.. I think you know why the Russian/German co-operation didn't go on at some point in history..)

There are many interesting films (- please keep in mind: It's called RED dream factory..) in this programme like:


PESN O GEROJACH/KOMOSOL (SONG OF HEROES) (1932)




KONEZ SANKT-PETERSBURGA (= The End of St. Petersburg) (1927)

source: Berlinale.de


MISS MEND (THE ADVENTURES OF THE THREE REPORTERS) (1926)




WOSSTANIJE RYBAKOW (REVOLT OF THE FISHERMEN) (1934)

~ especially interesting for me because it was directed by German theater legend Erwin Piscator ~


...

- and as bit of a completely different world...

...some Berlinale guests of 1954:

~ Gina Lollobrigida ~




~ Sophia Loren, Yvonne De Carlo (of whom I am a big fan..) and Gina Lollobrigida ~


Thank you very much for listening!

Yours very well and truly

Irene

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting. That Miss Mends looks and sounds like it would be great to watch. And nice pic of Sophia, Yvonne and Gina. Love all three. Probably Yvonne the most since I grew up watching her in TV's The Munsters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for leaving a comment, Monty.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - I'll read them all and if I can think of an answer I'll post it. :")