Monday 29 August 2011

What I'd like to "ad".. - Favorite Musical Tournament

Excuse me? May I have your attention for a moment?


Thank you!!


... some of you don't have rythm - like Fozzy Bear in THE MUPPET SHOW
(he has a little help by Rowlf):



...others won't dance - like Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire in ROBERTA (1935):



...or like Gordon MacRae in MOONLIGHT BAY (1951), are too cool and too smart to like songs.. :



(don't you just adore Doris Day in this???!?
It's one of my favourite films of hers..)

but:

You all can go and vote at Dawn's SINGIN' AND DANCING BACK IN TIME - where Monty is doing the fabulous FAVORITE MUSICAL TOURNAMENT!!

Hear me??

Please go and vote for your favourite musicals!!

Be quick because Wednesday August 31 the first round about the 20s/30s musicals will end!

And to get into the right musical mood:

here we have Shirley MacLaine and Gene Kelly doing one of the best musical parodies I know

- it's from WHAT A WAY TO GO (1964)

- and I am very sorry that the picture quality isn't better..


Thank you all so very much for listening - and voting (?)

Yours (very well) and truly

Irene

Just by the way: the pictures I posted here are from German musical WIR MACHEN MUSIK (1942) (= We make music) - so they won't affect your decisions..

- the girl in the light-colored dress is Ilse Werner (famous for being able to whistle quite beautifully - remember the intro of WIND OF CHANGE by The Scorpions?? M-hm.. ) and the ~ very handsome *ahem* and quite funny ~ man is Georg Thomalla - who actually was the German voice of Jack Lemmon and Danny Kaye and some others, too ..

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post Irene! Thank you very much for the extra exposure here on your blog. The more people that come by Dawn's blog, the better and more fun it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Monty - and: you're very welcome!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - I'll read them all and if I can think of an answer I'll post it. :")