Saturday 27 August 2011

An Award for And then they start to sparkle! Actually twice - because it's sweet..



AND THEN THEY START TO SPARKLE just hit the jackpot!!

which means: Yay, awards again!!!! Thank you all soooo much!!

(but I'll still go on and write - won't stop me just throwing awards at me.. oh, no!!)


Monty @ ALL GOOD THINGS gave this "THE IRRESISTIBLY SWEET BLOG AWARD" to this blog:


- while Dawn @ NOIR AND FLICK CHICKS gave this "THE IRRESISTIBLY SWEET BLOG AWARD":

The rules are the same - that's why I think it's the same award - just "dressed" differently.

Anyway - Dawn and Monty both had the nicest words for me and this blog - and I don't know how to say thank you in a more adequate way..

So for I know (like everyone else does who at least one time peeked at his blog) that Monty is a big fan of Cary Grant - and after a little research (yeah.. ok.. I asked Monty..) I found out that Dawn likes Doris Day ...

Dear Dawn and dear Monty:

Just like Doris Day and Cary Grant you two are a great team - so: This one is for you!


Ok - enough fun - here we go:


The rules

1) Thank and link to the person who nominated you.

2) Share 7 random facts about yourself.

3) Pass the award to 12 of your blogging buddies.

4) Notify the recipients



1. The persons who nominated this blog:
  • Ok - here we go: Thank you very much, Dawn @ NOIR AND CHICK FLICKS ( - Don't you all just adore this blog title??) and Monty @ ALL GOOD THINGS for passing these awards to this blog!

2. Seven random facts about me:
  • I am very inconsequent. Ask me something - ask me again five minutes later: It's like talking to another person, I am afraid..

  • I love to take cold showers - let's be honest: sometimes I am a bit "shy" to take them (It's ice cold water - for heaven's sake!!) - but afterwards I am just feeling great.. (It's ice cold water - for heaven's sake!!)

  • My favourite melody is PERFIDIA - especially the original version of Xavier Cugat..




  • When my sister and I watched UP (2009) in cinema - I cried during almost all of the movie.. (Yes, I am talking about that Disney Pixar film..)

  • My refrigerator is filled with several flacons perfume and also some packages of my favourite juice (= apricot-orange) - and not much else.

  • I wear a green ring for some years now - and: No, I had no idea about the connection to GREEN LANTERN.. ~ "someone" out there had to tell me.. ~ ;")

    (yeah, this is actually me.. blimey.. Irene has a face!! well.. kind of..
    and right now the green ring has the place of the black one - which is now resting in "happy ring-ing ground" or where ever little broken rings go to..)

  • I don't know how many films, books, plants or heels (= all things which I love..) I've got - but I am pretty sure that I live with just two cats..

3. Passing the award (- blogs are linked)

~ of course all nominees are free to turn this award down ~ :
That was that - and now excuse me - I have to do some little nudging so that everyone will know about this nominations..

Thank you all so much for listening

Yours (very well and) truly

Irene (proud awardee)

18 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning - it's well deserved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very, very much Rianna!! :") (Congrats for winning it yourself! I love your blog!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ach! I do LOVE some of the photos you pick! So clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, Sarah! Thank you very, very much! :")

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you :-) Ooh and you nominated very cool blogs, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Dawn and Monty are fabulous blog friends!! And they both have great blogs!!

    I enjoyed learning those things about you. It's always fun hearing those "random" thoughts.

    You will get a kick out of this...when I lived in Florida and had my own pool, I liked the water temperature to be about 95 degrees!! Yes, I'm serious! Just a little bit below body temperature for me. And HOT showers all the time. I am not a cold person at all, so I cannot imagine taking cold showers. You are much braver than I!!!

    Have a wonderful day,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Irene! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Irene! You deserve all the awards possible. You are most welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the kind words Irene! And congrats yourself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan: You are very welcome - and: Thank YOU! ;")

    Patti: I totally agree about Dawn and Monty being fabulous blog friends! I really adore their blogs..

    Maybe I am not as brave as you imagine: There is a lot of squeaking and shrieking when I do cold showers.. I am no John Wayne.. well.. maybe a very, very campy version.. ;") - Oh - a pool for your own.. what a dream.. warm water is nice, too.. ;")

    Millie: You are very, very welcome!

    Monty: Aww... Thank you!!

    Perfect Number 6: Thank you!! And: all is true. They will deliever you awards en masse - so you maybe should make some place on your award board.. ;")

    A wonderful Sunday to all of you - and thank you very much for visiting and commenting and listening and being and breathing and smiling... ....

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiya,

    Thank you SO much for the award! Buttercup Bungalow has never, ever been nominated for an award before, so I am utterly flattered.

    Your blog is one I'll be sure to visit and re-visit ... so much fun ... love your humor and way with words, and good taste too!

    Yours in the love of all things bloggy and beautiful,


    Laurie Eno
    Buttercup Bungalow

    ReplyDelete
  12. p.s. Is there a badge I can use to post on my own blog? (First award badge, hooray!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, Laurie AE!

    Thank you very, very much! And: I think your blog deserves many awards!

    Because I got this award twice - with two different badges I think you can choose which one you like better - the one with or with out the Brigadoon image of Gene Kelly and Cyd Charisse..

    Have a great week!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  14. THANK YOU IRENE, wow that is so extremely sweet and thoughtful of you to honor me and my blog. It really touches my heart, so glad we are friends and love the photo of you...would luvvvv 2 see more of u :)
    Glad you got these awards also for your blog is so creative, informative and cool. Will work on the 12 facts about me and post them soon. Thank you for always visiting my blogs and taking time to comment, your extra special lady in so many ways. Take care and sending luving hugs to you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL I see I only have to share 7 random things about me,,,whew much better than 12 ....hehehe.

    I will share a random thing about me here. Two weeks ago I had my upper lipped pierced. It is healing but kinda hurts.....I have 13 tattoo's.I got my first one way back in the early 1970's. I'm almost 60 this next May 13th !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. JANN - I think you might be one of the coolest persons I know! Thank you soo much for all your nice words!


    You know: I use your blog as a kind of antidepressant.. Always makes me smile to visit it.. so lovely posts you make..

    Have some hugs back!! :")

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for the award! My blogging has really fallen by the wayside this summer, but I hope to get back into the habit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're welcome Kathy!

    And: I hope so too.. ;")

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - I'll read them all and if I can think of an answer I'll post it. :")